Processed food may be a part of your diet in one way or another, but not all kinds of processed food are considered safe. Reading the labels on food packages will help you in avoiding the foods with the worst ingredients that we mention here to inform you about the damage they could do to your health. The worst food ingredients:
7. Artificial Coloring : Avoid foods that have artificial dyes added to them because a lot of these dyes are made from coal tars and cause problems varying from allergies to cancers.
6. GMOs : The fact that over 60 countries prohibit the production and sale of genetically engineered foods makes it very convincing to stay away from GMOs and their products.
5. Artificial Sweeteners : Artificial sweeteners such as aspartame and sucralose have many health hazards like worsening inflammatory gut disease and disturbing your gut microbiome.
4. Preservatives : Buying foods that are going to rot and be thrown away is better than buying those with extended shelf life. Preservatives like sodium nitrite and sodium benzoate are two of the most dangerous chemicals.
3. Hydrogenated Oils and Trans Fats : Trans fats hold terrible health threats beginning with inflammation and ending with several problems like diabetes, cancer, and stroke. Hydrogenated vegetable oils are worse than trans fats and unfortunately are more widespread. When either fat is heated, it releases toxic byproducts of oxidation that are harmful to ingest.
2. (MSG) Monosodium Glutamate : Monosodium Glutamates are compounds added to many food products as a flavor enhancer. Try not to buy foods with this compound because it can affect your mood, weight and eyes.
1. Artificial Flavors : Additive artificial flavors may give your meal a special taste but the take a toll on your health. A simple strawberry artificial flavor can have up to fifty different chemical compounds which are not all safe to consume.