Sometimes we wake up feeling depressed and frustrated. This feeling is so tough that it makes us unable to do. However, there are some ways and tips that can help us to overcome our bad mood in the morning. Here are some of these tips.
– Start your day with a balanced meal that contains carbohydrates and proteins. For example, try to have oatmeal or toast with peanut butter (and add a pinch of cinnamon powder which improves the mood).
Also, a moderate amount of caffeine raises the mood effectively.
– Try to go out for exercise in the open air for a few minutes. Researchers have found that people feel better after just five minutes of outdoor activities.
– Drinking hot chocolate helps to improve the mood and the levels of vigilance. So, try to drink hot chocolate with skim or low- fat milk and dark chocolate as protein and carbohydrates in milk help to stabilize sugar blood levels until lunch, which will keep your mood high.
– Researchers found that sniffing peppermint works to enhance mood and attention as well as fighting fatigue. Try to keep a bottle of raw peppermint oil or a mint tea bag on your own desk so that you can sniff the positive odor which will make you awake. Also, you may chew mint gum at the morning to enhance mood and be alert.
– Do not jump immediately out of your bed when you wake up. Instead, take a few minutes to do stretching exercises while breathing deeply. These minutes will be very useful for you to listen to your body and breath and you will be more ready to work.