I don’t think that I am exaggerating if I say that a broken heart is one of the most “hellish” experiences women might have the misfortune to face. IT is also one experience among few that could be described as “only time can heal”. However, women who suffer from heartbreak should never do certain things, such as:
– Vent your anger on someone close to him, or something he has. I know that revenge seems especially appealing at this time, but you are better off without it. You will gain nothing from hurting his dog, harassing his new girlfriend or smashing his car’s windows. Revenge also makes you someone you are not and makes the hurt longer.
– Don’t go around showing a big smile on your face like an idiot especially when others know about your breakup. Cry, complain to your friends, yell, rip a pillow with his name on it, anything but looking like a million dollars. Otherwise, you will make yourself sick.
– Please, please, PLEASE, no matter what you do, don’t say things like, “can’t we stay friends?” Poking your eyes with a toothpick is easier and more merciful. Would you really be happy if you would’ve stayed friends and you watched him find someone new and you would have to be friends with his new partner? I think not!
– Don’t lower yourself into the desperate state of “asking for another chance” or “trying to start anew” and crap like that! If it is over, then it is over. There is no use of hurting both you and him longer.
– Don’t talk to him, text him or call him under any circumstances. Use mediators if there is something necessary you need to tell him or give him.